The YMCA of San Diego County has been making a positive impact through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility in North County for over 60 years. Thanks to generous community support and partnerships, the Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA in Encinitas, the Joe & Mary Mottino Family YMCA in Oceanside, the Palomar Family YMCA in Escondido and YMCA Youth & Family Services sprang into action to confront challenges of the global pandemic. The YMCA is serving in new, critical ways and truly lifting up members of our communities like never before.
Since March 2020, the YMCA has accomplished the following across North County:
- Over 25,000 community members were given access to new, virtual Health & Wellness programming focusing on the spirit, mind and body.
- Over 5,000 weeks-worth of camp provided essential childcare to working families in North County.
- 2,562 North County seniors were called by YMCA staff to check on their well-being and provide connection.
- Over 300 potential lives saved through organized blood drives at North County Y’s during the pandemic.
- Youth & Family Services conducted 3,272 phone and virtual sessions to provide access to mental health services, as well as held 429 mobile outreach events and touch points to give at-risk youth access to basic needs and hygiene items.
And we are especially honored that since August 2020, the YMCA has been the only fully-licensed child care provider partnering with school districts in Encinitas, Oceanside and Escondido for full-day distance learning support. Newly formatted licensed child care and part-day academic enrichment programs were developed quickly to respond to our communities’ needs and have supported over 1,300 enrollments…and still counting!
This year, the YMCA’s Annual Campaign will support our continued efforts in providing COVID-19 relief, youth development and distance learning support programs, and strengthening both the physical and mental well-being of our neighbors. For more information, please visit www.ymcasd.org or contact Development Director, Emily Figueiredo, at email@example.com. The YMCA thanks our generous supporters and partners for making this work possible!