San Marcos COVID-19 Community Grants Program
To address community needs due to the negative economic impacts of COVID-19, the City of San Marcos has created the San Marcos COVID-19 Community Grants Program, a $3,000,000 effort. Funds will be distributed to nonprofit organizations for the sole benefit of San Marcos residents. The granting process and award decisions are the responsibility of the Fund’s program administrators, staff and volunteer leadership from Coastal Community Foundation, Impact Cubed, and Rancho Santa Fe Foundation.
Learn more in a Webinar. Ask questions to our staff directly in a Zoom call! Webinars will be offered at 1-2pm on September 9 & 15, October 19, and November 18. Register here.
The City of San Diego Small Business and Nonprofit Relief Fund The deadline to apply is Friday, September 24, 2021 by 5 p.m. PDT.
Conrad Prebys Foundation
The Conrad Prebys Foundation has two grant cycles annually and accepts Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) from San Diego-based nonprofit organizations seeking funding in the areas of medical research, healthcare, higher education, visual and performing arts, and youth development. The 2022 Summer Cycle deadline is Friday, March 4, 2022 at 5pm. Review the guidelines here: www.conradprebysfoundation.org
California Department of Parks and Recreation’s Office of Grants and Local Services
The California Department of Parks and Recreation’s Office of Grants and Local Services (OGALS) is pleased to inform you that the final Application Guide and Application Workshop Webinars are now available for the Outdoor Equity Grants Program. The Outdoor Equity Grants Program (OEP) will provide program operation funding for outdoor access, including day or overnight trips from underserved communities to regional, state, national parks, tribal land, and other natural areas within California. OEP will fund program operating and transportation costs but will not fund capital projects. Please visit parks.ca.gov/oep to access a RSVP Link for participation in an Application Workshop and to access the final Application Guide. Applicants will receive approximately four months to plan their outdoor program. Applications are due by or before October 8, 2021.
Grant requests will be considered in the following categories: Civic improvement and historical restoration Community and social services Culture and the arts Education Environmental planning and preservation Rehabilitation and health service Transportation and planning Youth and elderly. Cycle Two Period Opens: July 1, 2021 Application Deadline: August 27, 2021.
The Umpqua Bank Charitable Foundation
Supports nonprofit organizations that enhance the quality of life in the communities the bank serves in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. Learn more and fill out the application. Next deadline Sept 3, 2021.
Women's Sport Foundation
Wellness for All, a Power of She Fund grant, supports women of color entrepreneurs and organizations committed to making wellness and fitness more accessible and inclusive to female BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities.
- Federal Grants: Check department websites for upcoming grants, e.g., Dept. of Health and Human Services; Office of Refugee Resettlement; National Endowment for the Arts, etc. All federal grants are submitted through https://www.grants.gov
- State of California grants are submitted through the individual departments. State of California website: http://www.ca.gov/
- California Arts Council: http://cac.ca.gov/
- California Council for the Humanities: http://www.calhum.org/
- City of San Diego: https://www.sandiego.gov/cdbg
- Coastal Community Foundation: http://coastalfoundation.org/grants/
- Community Development Block Grants: Check County and Individual cities. County of San Diego: http://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/sdhcd/community-development/cdbg.html.
- Rancho Santa Fe Foundation http://rsffoundation.org/grants/
- Rancho Santa Fe Womens Fund https://rsfwomensfund.org/Grants
- San Diego County grants are posted on BuyNet at: https://buynet.sdcounty.ca.gov/
- San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture: https://www.sandiego.gov/arts-culture/
- The San Diego Foundation www.sdfoundation.org
- San Diego Grants sandiegogrants.org
- San Diego County Neighborhood Reinvestment Program www.sandiegocounty.gov/auditor/nrp.html
- San Diego Women's Foundation www.sdwomensfoundation.org
- San Diego Workforce Partnership http://workforce.org/
- Susan G. Koman https://www.komensandiego.org/applyforagrant/
- Women Give San Diego womengivesd.org/grant