Scholarship Guidelines and Criteria
North County Philanthropy Council (NCPC) is a regional membership association of nonprofit professionals, board members, and volunteers along with corporate philanthropists serving San Diego County communities. Membership in the council is open to all organizations, businesses, and individuals interested in learning and sharing to ultimately provide an even greater benefit to the communities and individuals they serve. NCPC fosters a just, equitable, diverse and inclusive, community in San Diego County – starting with ourselves.
NCPC provides scholarships to those interested in becoming members who wish to promote philanthropy at your organization or within your community. Applicants may apply for a one-year membership scholarship. Membership includes all Organizational Member benefits plus discounted fee* for attendance at NCPC programs, including the annual Volunteer Awards Celebration.
Applicant organizations must
- Be located in or serving San Diego County
- Be an incorporated 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Be in alignment with the mission of NCPC. The mission of the North County Philanthropy Council is to promote and strengthen philanthropic impact in our communities.
- Explain how their purpose can fulfill their mission/vision.
- Have at least three board members: president, treasurer, and secretary.
- Provide a copy of their board-approved diversity, equity, and inclusion policy or be willing to sign the NCPC JEDI Pledge.
- Provide a copy of their most recent income and expense statement.
- Apply between January and April, for consideration in May. Membership scholarships awarded annually in June.
- Applicants may not have received a prior scholarship from NCPC.
Scholarship Award Procedures:
- The application is available below.
- Review and download the NCPC Scholarship Criteria.
- Applicant will receive call from Membership Committee member within two weeks of application for brief interview.
- Applicant will receive notification of acceptance/denial within one-month of application submission.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call NCPC at 760-729-6711 with any questions.
Recipients can maximize their scholarship by:
- Attending a minimum of two NCPC events annually. Typically, NCPC hosts four events annually along with weekly Fundraising Fridays and monthly Connectors.
- Applicants must be willing to share how the scholarship helped them promote or advance philanthropy at their organization or within their community.
- Volunteering on special projects and/or serve on a committee.
- Attending the Member Only Orientation/Connector.
Organizational Membership Benefits Plus:
- Organizational membership at no charge
- Events reduced fee of $10 per person (limited to 3 attendees from your organization)
- Volunteer Awards Celebration* reduced fee of $25 per person (limited to 3 attendees from your organization)