- This event has passed.
Steps to Diversify your Donor Base
August 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$12
Nonprofit leaders often focus on white supporters and overlook donors of color who would give more if asked. While many understand the need to do a better job of including people of color in their strategies, they often don’t know how to improve. Join us to learn key steps your nonprofit can take to be more welcoming to people of color and attract diverse donors. We’ll discuss:
- Why attracting and mentoring diverse staff, board and volunteers matters
- Why a commitment to racial justice counts
- Ways to ensure communications are inclusive
- Techniques to build a broader base of support
- Jolyn Parker, Vice President of External Relations, San Diego Oasis
- Rick-Arlo Yah Lira, Donor Relations Manager, The San Diego LGBT Community Center
- Tiffany LaMar, Annual Giving Manager, Promises2Kids
- Kent Lee, Executive Director, Pacific Arts Movement
Tickets are pay-what-you-can, valued at $12/person.