- This event has passed.
Revive Our Roots: Nosh, Explore, Connect
October 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$95.00
Revive Our Roots – An Educational and Culinary Collaboration Supporting Berry Good Food and Coastal Roots Farm
Berry Good Food and Coastal Roots Farm are thrilled to present a collaborative Sunday afternoon experience on the farm where guests are invited to nosh, explore, and connect!
- Sample delicious creations at interactive tasting stations with San Diego chefs known for sustainable sourcing
- Learn about beekeeping, permaculture, fermentation, zero waste and more at our various interactive stations
- Meet with Coastal Roots farmers to learn about their mission to cultivate healthy, connected communities by integrating sustainable agriculture, food justice, and ancient Jewish wisdom
- Mingle with Berry Good Food members who are empowering our community by building bridges between farmers, chefs, scientists, and citizens to challenge the industrial food system while advocating for access to healthy food for all
- Bid on special silent auction items and unique local culinary experiences to benefit the non-profit programming of BGF and Coastal Roots Farm
- Most important of all, connect with your friends and neighbors and learn what you can do today to make a change toward growing our local food movement!
Enjoy small plates from:
- Chef Andrew Bent, LOLA 55
- Chef Jamie Brawn, Homestead Solana Beach
- Chef William Eick, Matsu
- Chef Phillip Esteban, WellFed
- Chef Christopher Logan, The Plot
- Chef Lety McKenzie and Chef Dominique Chanelle, Hijas Del Maiz
- Chef JoJo Ruiz, Serẽa and Lionfish
- Chef Marcus Twilegar, locally focused chef consultant
- Chef Justin Vaiciunas, Luca at The Guild Hotel
- Chef Davin Waite, Wrench & Rodent Seabasstropub
- Chef Dakota Weiss, Sweetfin Poké and Bravo’s Top Chef alum
- Chef Giselle Wellman, Director of Culinary and Garden at San Diego Jewish Academy and Bravo’s Top Chef alum
Visit these interactive educational stations while enjoying LIVE MUSIC:
- Beekeeping with the San Diego County Entomology Department
- Clean Water with San Diego Coastkeeper
- Fermentation with Austin Durant, Founder and Chief Fermentation Officer of Fermenters Club
- Gleaning with Nita Kurmins Gilson of Produce Good and O’Side Kitchen Collaborative
- Pastured Chicken with Coastal Roots Farm
- Vermiculture with Green Oceanside and Bokashi Composting with Becky Mendoza of Changing Tides Foundation
- Zero Waste with Marissa Figueroa of Sonora Refillery
Contact Javier Guerrero if you are interested in becoming an Event Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proceeds from this special collaborative event will be shared between Coastal Roots Farm and Berry Good Food and their aligned missions to connect and support a healthy food community for all.