As a premier member of the North County Philanthropy Council (NCPC), Community Resource Center is thrilled to share news about its latest updates that reflect our shared commitment with NCPC to uplift our community.
Our Ongoing Mission:
For 45 years, CRC has been serving our North County neighbors in need, providing food, shelter and housing assistance, counseling, and vital services to those at risk of homelessness, including survivors of domestic violence. Reaching more than 6,400 individuals every year, our mission is to help our neighbors create paths to healthy food, stable homes and safe relationships.
What’s New at CRC:
- Capital Campaign for Expansion: Our $10.5 million capital campaign aims to create a healing-centered campus, enhancing our capacity to serve those experiencing hunger, homelessness or trauma in a setting that upholds their dignity. Discover more about our plans in the recent San Diego Union-Tribune article and stay tuned for how you can contribute to building One Community • One Heart.
- New Trauma Recovery Center: Thanks to grants from the Lucky Duck Foundation, Greathouse Family Foundation and the State of California, we established a Trauma Recovery Center in Carlsbad. This center will provide holistic care to a diverse clientele, including domestic violence survivors and individuals experiencing mental health and substance use challenges.
- New Food & Nutrition Programs: As part of our commitment to expanding our Food & Nutrition Program’s reach and accessibility, we are excited to introduce two new food program initiatives to bring sustenance to where it’s most needed in the community.
- Mobile Food Distribution Truck: This year, we’re planning to launch a mobile food delivery truck, enabling us to distribute fresh, nutritious food directly to various locations.
- Project Dash Food Deliveries: In collaboration with DoorDash, we started a specialized home delivery program to help make sure that everyone, regardless of mobility or transportation barriers, has access to the food resources they need.
To learn more, watch our interview on CBS8 Working for Our Community series. Thank you to our partners at SDG&E for making it possible for us to find effective, inclusive ways to serve and support our community’s nutritional needs.
Get Involved with CRC:
We invite you to participate in our upcoming events and initiatives:
- CRC Tour: Join us for a tour of our Food & Nutrition Center, the next one is on Thursday, February 15, at 4:00 p.m. at our Encinitas location. Register here for this free tour
- Raising Awareness this February: A staggering 1 in 3 teens face dating abuse in the U.S. Help educate and empower youth about teen dating abuse this month during Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month. Learn more
- CRC Tea Fundraiser: Join us for our 29th Annual CRC Tea on Saturday, April 20, 2024, at the Fairbanks Ranch Country Club. Details about tickets and how you can contribute to our silent auction or raffle are available at org/Tea.
- Partnerships: Our annual partnerships are a wonderful opportunity for sustained visibility and engagement with our North County community. Partners are recognized year-round in CRC’s communications and events. Learn more
For more information about our initiatives, capital campaign, and how you can get involved with Community Resource Center, please visit our website at www.crcncc.org.