- This event has passed.
The Inner Workings of a Nonprofit Organization
August 21, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join Sierra Visher Kroha (Executive Director of Social Venture Partners), Don Wells (Executive Director for Just in Time), and Diane Cox (Development Director for Just in Time) for a lunch and learn session about the challenges, successes, and difficult decisions of the nonprofit world. This is a candid conversation for individuals who may want to get involved with nonprofits, providing a great overview for attendees to be able to better support non-profits, transition their career, or simply learn more about nonprofits. At this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Compare/contrast characteristics of nonprofit and for-profit organizations
- Identify the key success factors of highly effective nonprofits
- Describe various funding methods available to nonprofits
- Explain the core functions of a nonprofit board of directors
- Empathize with the trade-offs that nonprofit leaders are often faced with
This is a great launchpad for starting your work with or continue support of this social space, and it can also serve as a critical refresher for any strategic philanthropist.
*Space is limited & lunch will be provided*