- This event has passed.
LGBTQ Competency Training
December 6, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am$18
Well-trained staff that effectively implement LGBTQ and gender-inclusive practices are the foundation of a safe, accepting, and diverse work environment.
In this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Recognize and resist LGBTQ stereotypes.
- Identify and decrease the use of hurtful and/or exclusionary language and practices.
- Intervene when witnessing anti-LGBTQ language, harassment and/or bullying.
- Understand the legal framework protecting individuals who identify as LGBTQ.
- Serve as a resource, support, and visible ally.
Meet the Facilitator:
Max Disposti, Executive Director, North County LGBTQ Resource Center
Max was born in Rome, Italy in 1968 and lived there for 30 years. After college he pursued his volunteer aspirations and worked with different human rights non-profit organizations. Upon arriving in the United States in 1998, and after moving to Southern California in 2001, he began volunteering with local agencies and noticed the need for a stronger North County San Diego LGBT community. In January 2008, he founded the North County LGBT Coalition, a non-profit organization that almost immediately increased LGBT visibility in the North San Diego community. After four years of hard work, the North County LGBTQ Resource Center opened in 2011, which Max now operates as Executive Director.