- This event has passed.
A Humanitarian Crises: The Harsh New Realities Facing Refugees and Asylum Seekers
August 16, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Over the past year-and-a-half, the systems and infrastructure that support and protect the most vulnerable immigrants have been gravely damaged by cuts in refugee admissions to the United States, federal funding cuts to the country’s national network of refugee resettlement agencies and administrative barriers that continue to make seeking protection from persecution more and more difficult every day. Please join us to learn how these issues impact local communities in California, what leaders are doing to respond and opportunities for philanthropy to engage.
- Vy Nguyen (Moderator), Director of Special Projects and Communications
- Cynthia Buiza, Executive Director, California Immigrant Policy Center
- Carolina Sheinfeld, Project Coordinator, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Stephanie D. Stephens, Campaign Manager, We Are All America
- Martin Zogg, Executive Director of the International Rescue Committee Los Angeles Office