- This event has passed.
Ivey Ranch Equestrian Volunteer Orientation
September 7 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
One event on September 7, 2019 at 1:00 pm
One event on October 26, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Ivey Ranch is a Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) and Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH) Premier Accredited Equestrian Facility. We host horseback riding therapy for clients with special needs and different abilities. Our volunteers are how we can serve this special community. Volunteers not only help care for the horses but help our riders have their riding experience. An equestrian volunteer has the option to participate in several programs depending on their age and availability.
The best part about volunteering with our Equestrian program is that there is no horse experience necessary! We will teach you everything you need to know. Equestrian Volunteer Orientations will be from 1-2:30pm on August 10th, September 7th, and October 26th at Ivey Ranch. Equestrian volunteers must participate in an orientation and complete an application prior to participating in the program.
A few things about orientation:
- Please wear jeans and closed-toed shoes. No sandals.
- We encourage new volunteers to complete the application online, however, we also provide a downloadable PDF as well as copies at orientation.
- You do not need to sign up for Orientation, you can just show up.
- Directions: As you drive into the Ivey Ranch Park Assoc. facility, continue straight (pass Canine Companions on your right). You will soon see an arena and barn on your right. This is where we will meet up.
- If you are a minor, please bring a parent or guardian to Orientation.
We have many volunteer opportunities, all of which are a great way to help a person with special needs, get some horse time, and can be a chance for the family to do something together. Check out all the opportunities we have available!
- Therapy Riding Aide (Ages 18+ years old): Assists with clients in all aspects of a class; may walk alongside the client and the horse; may learn to lead a horse; can assist with the grooming and turn out of our horses. This opportunity is excellent for those who want to interact with both horses and clients with special needs.
- The Grooming Gang (Ages 18+ years old): Responsible for grooming, bathing, stall cleaning, and equipment maintenance of our gorgeous horses. This opportunity is great for those interested in dedicated time with horses and the care it takes to maintain them.
- Barn Buddies (Ages 9+ years old): Feeds and provides water for horses, cleans stalls, and occasionally grooms horses. Barn Buddies is an excellent introduction to horses and horse care.
- Saturday Program (Ages 9+ years old): This opportunity allows all volunteers to participate in caring and interacting with horses and the clients we serve. This day involves all aspects of the program!
Let us know if you have any questions by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 760-722-4839 to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator.