DEI: The Equity Journey 1.0
September 27 @ 8:00 am - December 22 @ 5:00 pm
Participate in all three sessions of Equity 1.0 for $25*
Learners will explore the meaning of equity and what it looks like in society, test their own understanding of privilege and how it impacts access and learn how to advance equity in their own organizations and communities.
The Equity Journey includes three self-guided modules. Learners will have three weeks to complete each module. Then, Learners will participate in an online small group discussion on the module before advancing to the next session. These “Pit Stop” discussions are an enhanced program feature that is unique to the Fieldstone offering of this course.
The three-module, self-guided journey and group reflections will help you:
- Enhance your understanding of equity and bias.
- Gain awareness of the structural/systemic barriers that hinder equity.
- Understand your own equity journey and create an action plan to continue your personal development.
- Develop a deeper understanding of how advancing equity can increase the effectiveness of your organization and create a plan to operationalize your goals.
- Explore strategies for aligning professional practice with social equity objectives.
- Build a community of nonprofit leaders committed to leading in the areas of equity and race relations.
- Build a toolkit of resources that will benefit you today and in the future.
This course is a cost effective and impactful way to train employees and leaders in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion and create a shared vernacular as a starting point to begin organizational efforts and discussions to address change in your agency.
An e-certificate for The Equity Journey will be awarded to each participant who completes the online course and participates in three online discussion groups.
There are limited spots for these trainings.
- Deadline for registration is Friday, September 10.
- Only one person per organization at this time.
- Registration list to be finalized by Sept 17 – all participants will receive info for payment as well as link for online program.
The online program opens on September 27, 2021 and closes on December 22, 2021. You will have three weeks to complete each module. The average time to go through each module is 3 hours.
Each month learners will participate in an online group discussion before moving on to the next module. Discussion sessions will meet for 90 minutes. Please indicate your preference of discussion times on registration form. Block times are as follows:
- Block A Pit Stop Discussions
Monday, October 18 at 9 am
Monday, November 15 at 9 am
Monday, December 13 at 9 am
- Block B Pit Stop Discussions:
- Monday, October 18 at 1 pm
- Monday, November 15 at 1 pm
- Monday, December 13 at 1 pm
- Block C Pit Stop Discussions:
- Tuesday, October 19 at 9 am
- Tuesday, November 16 at 9 am
- Tuesday, December 14 at 9 am
*Scholarships are available. Please only accept a scholarship if you can commit to the entire program. Contact Donna@ncphilanthropy.org if you are interested.
** NCPC and Fieldstone are currently in planning stages for offering Equity 2.0 and 3.0 in 2022. More details to come.