Individual Giving Manager
Reports to: Associate Director
The Individual Giving Manager works with the Development Department to support Nature
Collective’s revenue growth. The position will focus on strategically bringing in new revenue
streams via individual giving to advance Nature Collective’s mission and vision.
• Create individual giving strategies and demonstrate the ability to implement such
strategies successfully, attracting new donors and generating gifts to support Nature
Collective’s Annual Campaign.
• Cultivate current individual donors
• Plan and lead individual donor recognition events
• Must be proficient in development office functions, including prospecting, researching
donor histories, and fundraising reporting
• Must have the emotional intelligence with an ability to keenly listen to and understand
the funder’s needs to establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
• Must communicate well with extensive face-to-face and phone interaction with
• The ability to balance multiple tasking and projects while delivering quality work on
• Must exercise sound, independent judgment, and seasoned social understanding
• Work with high autonomy and participate effectively in a team environment.
• Must exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex, and confidential
issues and situations
• Working closely with the Associate Director, the Individual Giving Manager will engage
in individual donor relations, develop ties with the community, and support external
development campaigns to increase funding for Nature Collective
• Execute a goal-based, long-and short-term individual giving plan; this plan includes
expanding individual giving, planned/deferred giving, and donor relations for our Annual
• Make regular phone calls to current and potential donors, partners, and sponsors
• Build new donor audiences by developing partnerships and by identifying, researching,
qualifying and cultivating individual prospects from the existing database and outside
• Engage in one-on-one, in-person donor cultivation and solicitation events
• Represent Nature Collective as an advocate and spokesperson to key external
audiences: peer organizations, philanthropic organizations, and funders to expand
visibility and support
• Implement fundraising strategies that increase the organization’s support, mainly
focusing on raising funds from individuals in support of our Annual Campaign
• Enhance Nature Collective’s individual donor relations program by further developing
relationships with current individual donors while actively promoting Nature Collective’s
mission and vision with prospective new individual donors
• Participate in the maintenance of the integrated donor-tracking system
• Implement fundraising development training for employees and board members
• Principles and practices of sound business communications
• Implement appropriate procedures and controls
• Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive correspondence, reports, and other written
• A typical schedule will consist of Monday–Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, working
weekends and evenings, as needed. Flexibility as needed. Possibility of a hybrid
schedule after the completion of a probationary period.
• This position requires travel, primarily in North County San Diego County, during
business days and occasional weekends/evenings to various events and assignments;
events will require transporting event materials from the office to the event site.
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience with 200+ people in event management and event management software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Kindful CRM
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to follow through on projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrate ability to succeed with only general supervision, use discretion, and
• Ability to respect the confidentiality and privacy of donors and any sensitive matters.
• Must support Nature Collective’s mission to drive a passion for nature, for all.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor and demonstrate credibility and integrity
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and follow directions, policies, and
• Must have an affinity to the Nature Collective mission and vision
• Must have a complete COVID-19 vaccination, and boosters (as required)
• A valid California Driver’s License
• Bilingual/Fluent in Spanish, a plus
• CFRE/Fundraising certification, a plus
Education and Experience
• A degree in public relations, business, or communications; and at least four (4) years of
experience in high level fundraising; or an equivalent combination of training and
• Sitting, standing and lifting and moving up to 25 pounds
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to hike up to 1 mile on moderately difficult trails in outdoor environments
with uneven terrain
Benefits & Features
Salary: $28.00 – $31.00 per hour
This is a full-time, nonexempt position with 40 hours per week.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage employer paid for employee up to $450 per month
Employee Assistance Program
401(k) with matching
80-216 hours paid time off per year, based on seniority
48 hours paid sick time per year
9 Paid Holidays
Visit NatureCollective.org/Careers to submit an application, cover letter, and resume. Applications will be accepted through January 30, 2023. Interviews with qualified candidates will be scheduled the weeks of February 6 & 13, 2023.
About Nature Collective: Founded in 1987, Nature Collective is a conservation and environmental education nonprofit leader in San Diego County. Nature Collective works to restore habitats to provide healthier waters and greater wildlife diversity and educate current and future generations to become aware of, appreciate, and act to protect the natural environments surrounding them. We think inclusively and diversely when serving our audiences and envision a world where everyone connects with, experiences, and protects nature. Our work spans San Diego County, with a long-term commitment to the San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve and the Escondido Creek watershed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com