Website Foundation for Senior Care
A heart for seniors
Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, directing, and management of an agency designed to support the senior population and their families. The Executive Director has overall operational responsibility for the agency’s staff, financial operations, and execution of its mission and strategic objectives.
As a 501(c)(3), nonprofit, charitable organization, the Foundation for Senior Care is committed to financial transparency and exemplary donor stewardship; thus, the Executive Director works closely with the Development Specialist and Operations Manager to ensure that bookkeeping and donation recognition is clear, current, and readily understandable.
- Responsible for leading the agency in a manner that supports, guides, and fulfills the agency’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to make informed decisions.
- Clearly articulates and models the agency’s values and mission to the staff, Board, funders, clients, and the community.
- Leads staff in maintaining a climate of excellence, accountability, and respect.
- Empowers Board and staff through delegation and sharing management and decision-making responsibilities.
Financial Performance and Viability:
Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the agency, to include submission of a proposed annual budget to the Board and, with support from the Operations Manager, the creation of monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for oversight of all fundraising and marketing activities and pursuing other resources necessary to support the agency’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy:
Works with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Provides oversight of the agency’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Shares her/his vision for the agency and inspires visionary thinking and action in others consistent with the mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the agency’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with professional, civic, and private organizations.
Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsibility for hiring, retaining, and evaluating the following competent and qualified positions: Operations Manager, Development and Marketing staff
- Responsible for coordinating, with the Board President, the signing of all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Create community relationships with public and private resources.
- Seeks, evaluates, and acts upon opportunities for innovation to change, grow, and improve. Uses “out of the box” thinking to approach difficult situations.
- Bachelor’s degree highly desired; 5+ years relevant administrative experience may be considered.
- Strong Leadership abilities –Three or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Fund Development & Revenue Generation – Demonstrated experience with fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector. CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) is highly desired.
- Grant Writing – Ability to write funding proposals, manage, and report on grant funding.
- Communications and interpersonal skills – Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation. Ability to engage diverse volunteer and donor groups. Public speaking ability and confidence.
- Budget & Financial Accountability – Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org