Website Escondido Community Child Development Center
State licensed non-profit preschool for children ages 4m-Kinder
About ECCDC: Established in 1974, ECCDC is a state licensed non-profit preschool for children ages 4 months to kindergarten. ECCDC provides a comprehensive, coordinated, and cost-effective child development program which includes a full range of education, supervision, health, and social services designed to assist children and their families to maximize their full learning potential.
Are you seeking a rewarding job working alongside a collaborative team of people with a variety of backgrounds to achieve the dual goals of enhancing children’s early education and development while supporting the economic stability and strength of low-income working families? If so, please apply today and grow your career with us!
Employment Type: Full-Time / Non-Exempt / $16- $19 Hourly
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and implement a learning environment that is safe, fun, clean, healthy and promotes positive discipline for all children and staff.
• Prepare the learning environment for the classroom as it conforms to ECCDC policy, set up the learning centers and prepare needed supplies and materials according to ECERS & ITERS.
• Physically and visually supervise children indoors, outdoors and in the bathrooms to ensure appropriate teacher/child ratios all times according to Title 5 Regulations.
• Help with the general housekeeping tasks and the general management of the learning environments in association with other staff in classroom.
• Supervise and participate in the CACFP program through family style eating during all meals, reporting the number of meals served and supervising and controlling the food served to the children.
• Review and compare the menus to the meal pattern to make sure the meals are correct.
• Track all children in program with special dietary needs, either with doctor signature or parent preference.
• Infant program: keep accurate records of food items and quantities prepared for each age group.
• Work as a team player in all aspects of classroom and site needs.
• Accept responsibility in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy.
• Schedule and provide written documentation for two parent-teacher conferences per year (October and February). Respond to parent’s requests for parent-teacher conferences. Interact and consult with parents around their child’s progress and daily activities on a daily/weekly basis.
• Train other staff members in classroom to promote the growth and wellbeing of the children and to maintain a healthy and safe working & learning environment.
• Positively communicate, listen, and interact with all children throughout the day.
• Maintain an “open-door” policy and welcome all visitors to the Center.
• Keep and maintain all attendance records, portfolios, and reports, including a parent calendar of classroom events; frequent maintenance of each child’s DRDP-PS or IT developmental portfolio, including anecdotal records for all children as assigned.
• Ability to use a variety of media and resources to enhance the learning experience of the children and colleagues.
• Attend all In-Services, trainings and staff meetings as required.
• Maintain disaster prepared readiness by ensuring child emergency forms are up to date and kits are fully stocked with the necessary items.
• Work in culturally sensitive ways to partner with families around the care of the children.
• Attends and participates in all Parent Advisory Committee events and trainings as needed.
• Will participate in professional growth and development opportunities.
• Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to the children, families, and other staff members.
• Support the Policies and Procedures, Health & Safety Manuals, Parent’s Handbook and CACFP program in order to implement the Mission of ECCDC.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Site Supervisor or Management
• Proof of a Current Associate Teacher Permit (or permit eligible) as issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and maintained current throughout employment as an Associate Teacher or higher
• Valid Proof of Authorization to work in the United States
• Sit and/or stand for extended periods, get up and down easily from the floor, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance
• Occasionally lifts, carries, and balances objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to hear, see including peripheral vision and distinction of colors, read and communicate verbally and in writing frequently with a wide range of people from divergent socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and origins.
• Must have reliable transportation to ensure timely and consistent travel to and from work site
• Pushes and pulls such objects as file drawers and supplies.
• Preferred – Current Pediatric CPR/First Aid Card
• Preferred – Current Food Handler’s Card or training
• Bilingual (Spanish) desirable but not required
• Able to speak, read and write English with comprehension
• Must be willing to work at multiple site locations in Escondido, CA.
• Employee must exhibit a growth mindset philosophy and be committed to continuous learning and education.
Upon Job Offer Acceptance:
· Pre-Employment Screenings
· Drug & alcohol Screenings
· Current TB clearance and Health Screening
· Immunizations Required: MMR; DTAP
· Fingerprints / Live-Scan Clearance
· Employment Required Trainings:
· Mandated Reporter General & Childcare Training
· Pesticide Training
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
· Generally, performs work in a climate-controlled office or childcare center setting which may occasionally create an exposure to dust and pollens.
· Sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend at the waist and knees, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity and balance frequently. Occasionally lifts, carries, and balances objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
· Pulls and pushes such objects as file drawers and supplies.
Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration, and analytical thinking. Occasionally is required to perform the safe operation of office equipment and machines and recognize and abate safety hazards within the workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com