Marketing & Development Manager
Position Status: Part-time (20 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt
Workplace Type & Location: Remote, San Diego County preferred
Reports to: Executive Director
Women’s Empowerment International (WE)—a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in San Diego, CA—was founded in 2003 by a group of visionary women with an ambitious goal to disrupt the cycle of poverty for women around the world, especially those living in under-resourced, rural communities. With a mission to empower women with tools to work their way out of poverty, care for their families, and strengthen their communities, WE has provided over $2.3 million in grant funding for women’s economic empowerment programs locally and internationally. Together with our donor community and funding partners, WE funds microfinance programs, small business development support, training, education, and other holistic poverty alleviation strategies. WE currently has nine grant partners in seven countries including the U.S (in San Diego and Puerto Rico), El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, and Uganda.
Organization staffing includes the Executive Director, this position, and several contractors. Unpaid staff include the Board of Directors, committee members, and high-level volunteers.
Working collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Marketing & Development Manager will play a key role in expanding the organization’s donor and supporter base, managing engagement of current supporters, and increasing overall fundraising and marketing results. The Manager will lead the creation/management of digital content and generation of marketing and fundraising materials. This role will also support fundraising event coordination, public relations and community outreach, strengthening of donor communications, and improving WE’s brand presence through multiple online and print channels. They will contribute to the achievement of ambitious growth targets over the coming three years in order to increase our grantmaking year-over-year.
- Flexible hours
- 11 holidays, 35 hours of sick time, 60 hours vacation time
- Monthly reimbursement for personal cell phone and internet use for work-related purposes.
- Opportunity to be a part of a passionate, dedicated, savvy team of volunteers and staff and work toward a vision of a world without poverty in which women are empowered, uplifted, and equal partners in society
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help strategize and implement efforts to cultivate current donors and attract new donors.
- Manage timely donor communications and acknowledgements, as needed.
- Organize and keep current documentation on donors and prospects; ensure all donor activity is captured in donor CRM platform.
- Assist with the development and implementation of two direct mail campaigns per year, as well as digital giving campaigns.
- Assist with development and implementation of new peer-to-peer/crowdfunding campaigns.
II. Special Events
- Assist with fundraising event needs including, but not limited to, managing event logistics with a committee of volunteers, tracking event budgets, securing vendor quotes, volunteer recruitment and coordination, and tracking registrations and communicating with prospective attendees.
- Oversee event promotions and advertisements.
- Develop event invitations, signage, promo items, and marketing materials, with support of a graphic design contractor.
- Coordinate solicitation efforts for in-kind donations, including auction items.
III. Marketing & Communications
- Manage marketing and communications calendar, ensuring regular updates.
- Maintain website and update content as needed.
- Manage social media platforms and develop content to maintain and grow engagement.
- Assist with marketing and fundraising campaign development and execution.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of press releases.
- Create and send out monthly e-newsletters, as well as periodic eblasts.
- Working independently or with graphic design contractor, manage design projects for print, website, social media, and other digital formats.
- Gather and curate inspiring and impactful content to be used in promoting WE’s mission, story, impact, and brand; assist with editing and copywriting for communications.
- Track and report the impact of marketing efforts to ensure goals are reached.
- Assist in representing organization to the public, donors, and partners.
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, AA, or certificate in marketing, communications, events, nonprofit management, fundraising, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 3-5 years experience—in a paid or unpaid position, preferably with a nonprofit organization—in marketing and fundraising and/or special events that demonstrates successful execution of projects and campaigns.
- Preferred experience with basic graphic design and/or directing graphic design, working with creative professionals or marketing agencies.
- Demonstrated experience writing and managing digital content, including for social media, web, and e-news.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing impactful communications and marketing campaigns, especially those designed to increase brand awareness and supporter engagement.
- A creative thinker, comfortable conceptualizing and pitching ideas.
- Exceptional copywriting, written and verbal communication skills, with strong editing ability.
- Excellent time management, adaptability, judgment, and decision-making skills with a keen eye for detail. Take initiative, ask questions, and are accountable.
- An interest in the mission of WE and belief in the importance of women’s economic empowerment and the impact of community philanthropy.
- High level of proficiency with social media networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency in as many of the following software/online platforms as possible:
- Google Office Suite/Microsoft Office Suite • Google Ads/Google Ad Grants • Google Analytics • WordPress and other webmaster tools/related plug-ins • Canva • MailChimp, Flodesk or other email marketing platform • YouTube • Neon CRM or other donor CRM platform
Pay: Starting range is between $30.00 and $33.66 per hour.
- Please submit your resume, along with a letter of interest outlining your fit for the position.
- Include two writing samples or other samples of your work (or links to these), which could include blog posts, articles, newsletters, press releases, social media posts or graphics, videos or scripts, etc.
- Email to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org