Website Urban Corps of San Diego County
Urban Corps is seeking a full-time motivated self-starter to be the Development Director. This position is responsible for fund development and management for the organization including primarily grants but includes donation management, stewardship, and in-kind resources. Around 15% of Urban Corps, annual budget is made up of grants – local government, foundation, and corporation and state applications. Urban Corps does not write any federal grants. This position also oversees the marketing and communication department and staff.
· Responsible for researching, writing and managing all grants written on behalf of Urban Corps. Urban Corps applies for general operating, capital support (equipment, campus needs), project grants (Corpsmembers environmental work in the community) and grants for Corpsmember Development.
· Responsible for supporting Urban Corps Charter School to research, write and manage grants, as needed.
· Coordinates all new grant kick off meetings and ongoing review of budgets and deliverables being met with applicable department.
· Donor stewardship, management and requests through direct mail and email newsletters, any prospective or current donor tours.
· Oversight for marketing and communications department include tracking progress of activities, supporting as needed and in meeting organizations direction and strategic plan.
· Event management: fundraisers, open houses or other events, as needed.
· Meeting with potential new grant funded partners, working together to put collaborative applications together.
· Program Manager for AmeriCorps Vista program at Urban Corps, grant tracking, management and program oversight. Urban Corps has three AmeriCorps Vistas at time.
· Is a member of the managers group (weekly meetings) and leadership team for Urban Corps.
Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Proficient in Microsoft office suite
Experience coordinating activities and working with youth preferred
Grant writing and management experience
Marketing experience, preferred
Salary & Benefits
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Urban Corps of San Diego County is to provide job training and educational opportunities to young adults in the fields of conservation, recycling, and community service which will assist these youths in becoming more employable, while protecting San Diego’s natural resources and instilling the importance of community involvement. The organization was established in 1989 to serve both San Diego’s youth and its environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Urban Corps of San Diego County to employ a qualified workforce and to provide equal opportunities for all applicants in hiring, recruiting, placement, training, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfers, and termination
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com