We care deeply about the health of our community and believe healthcare is a right, not a privilege.
We care deeply about the health of our community and believe healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Founded in 1971 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, TrueCare has grown to operate 12 health care centers across the region, covering critical service gaps for residents of San Diego’s North County and the city of Perris in Riverside County. TrueCare also takes services directly to patients, operating fully equipped, mobile clinics providing both medical and dental services to communities facing access barriers to healthcare, such as migrant farmworkers, their families, and schools in remote areas.
Hosting over 300,000 visits annually, TrueCare is committed to helping patients achieve better health outcomes. Our board-certified doctors and integrated team-based approach deliver some of the highest healthcare quality scores in the region. An incredible 98% of our patients come through referrals/word of mouth, and we maintain a patient satisfaction rate of over 95%. Our world-class facilities do not look or feel like clinics. We incorporate the latest healthcare technology and work hard to create a beautiful and welcoming environment at all our locations. It is extremely important to us that our patients feel valued and cared for, with all our services provided in a bilingual, culturally sensitive manner, by staff who truly understand their medical needs and particular challenges.
LEADERSHIP & CULTURE
TrueCare is led by a highly capable leadership team with a clear vision for the future. Our organizational culture has a strong family feel whereby team members care for and mentor one another. We celebrate success as an organization while recognizing strong individual and team performance. Across our entire organization, we are united by our commitment to making a difference in the health of our community. The Healthcare Compliance Officer reports to our CEO, Michelle Gonzalez.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Salary – $125,000 – $145,000 DOE
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life and AD&D coverage
- 15 PTO Days
- 10 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program for helping with life issues, financial planning, taxes, etc.
- Education benefits
- Retirement Savings Plan with discretionary employer match to eligible participants
The location of this role is hybrid role with an office located at 150 Valpreda Road, San Marcos, CA 92069. This role is required to be on-site 2-3 days per week.
The Healthcare Compliance Officer has the primary responsibility for the development and implementation of TrueCare’s Compliance Plan, establishing and implementing an effective compliance program to prevent illegal, improper, or unethical conduct. Reporting to the CEO and supervising the Contracts Administrator; this is a highly collaborative role, working with leadership across all aspects of the organization, including the General Counsel, to ensure that operations are being conducted in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and in compliance with federal, state, and regulatory policies. The Healthcare Compliance Officer will have the latitude to reshape and improve our internal compliance process. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and dynamic compliance professional with strong interpersonal skills to influence how we continuously improve our business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operation of the TrueCare Compliance Plan.
- Develop and manage the annual Internal Audit and Monitoring Work Plan.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan.Periodically revise the Compliance Plan in light of changes in the organization’s needs and in the law and policies and procedures of Government and health plans.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Plan and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Ensure alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by the initiation of communication to appropriate stakeholders.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identify potential areas of enterprise risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Illegal or inappropriate business conduct.
- Supervise the Contracts Administrator in the execution of duties and activities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of health care delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business ethics and legal and compliance risks.
- Experience with and understanding of federal, state, and regulatory policies related to health care.
- Excellent communication skills: using both written and oral skills to influence and engage constituents.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
TrueCare requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation obligations. The State of California released a new order requiring all staff in healthcare settings to be fully boosted by March 1, 2022.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY, PLEASE CONTACT:
Tia Anzellotti, Director, Blair Search Partners
1855 1st Ave., Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org