Website sdfoodsys San Diego Food System Alliance
Cultivating a healthy, sustainable, and just food system
Overview of the Alliance
There is an ongoing movement in San Diego County to transform our region’s food system. The goals of this movement reflect the most important challenges of our time—cultivating justice, fighting climate change, and building resilience. Transforming our food system can make inroads in all of these areas. Changing the way we grow food, move food, share food, and think about food ultimately changes the way we treat the planet and each other.
The San Diego Food System Alliance (“the Alliance”) plays a critical role in this movement. We act as network weavers, community organizers, storytellers, capacity builders, and resource mobilizers. We support the people who produce, prepare, distribute, and serve food in San Diego County by providing spaces for gathering and sharing knowledge, a voice in policy and planning processes, and resources for viability.
The San Diego Food System Alliance is a women-led, majority POC, and multicultural organization. We are deeply committed to food justice, food sovereignty, self-determination, and democratic governance. We hope to add team members who are passionate about upholding and growing our culture, and committed to cultivating a food system that belongs to all of us.
The San Diego Food System Alliance is seeking a Digital Operations Manager who can support the Alliance with building a strong digital foundation for operating its growing programs and content. This position will report to the Communications & Storytelling Director and serve as a critical partner in executing digital strategies across diverse channels.
The ideal candidate is familiar with CRM, life cycle marketing, marketing automation, and designing user journeys. The candidate will be an administrator for much of the Alliance’s tech stack, digital properties, and app integrations, and should be energized by the challenge of cultivating streamlined user experiences that consider the nuances of human relationship- and community-building. We are looking for a person who is creative, thoughtful, and empathetic, yet also technical, innovative, and systems-/data-oriented.
The Alliance’s Marketing & Communications goals include improving our internal operations, publishing engaging content, growing our audience with tailored user journeys, and activating new, innovative programs and policy advocacy initiatives in a way that truly shifts food culture. The Digital Operations Manager will collaborate cross-functionally to help bring this vision to life, and should be prepared to problem-solve and craft solutions for complex situations.
- Manage digital infrastructure to streamline operations and activate programs and initiatives
- Oversee organization’s tech stack, including Hubspot CRM, Squarespace CMS, Squarespace Commerce, Classy.org, Slack community, Shopify, analytics, digital asset management, and more
- Support development and execution of campaign strategies for Programs, Policy Advocacy, Membership, Development, and Communications
- Report on data and trends, optimize efforts, and identify new opportunities or ways to improve our digital operations and marketing funnel
- Partner closely with Communications & Storytelling Director on developing strategy, determining frequency, and creating content and multimedia as needed (according to a year-round Editorial Calendar)
- Support other Alliance operations functions as needed
- Serve as an ambassador for the Alliance and its values
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent lived experience
- 3 years experience in digital operations, digital marketing, or similar role
- Self-starter, organized, able to manage many projects simultaneously
- Capable of solving complex problems with creative and empathetic solutions
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally, and communicate ideas effectively
- Clear understanding of the full marketing funnel and user journey
- Data-driven and able to take a systems approach
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge, Hubspot CRM experience—a plus
- Passion around the mission, culture, and systems change—a must
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Office space in East Village (Mission Hills beginning July 2023), but flexible to work from home. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but can require moving around and visiting different sites and partners, with occasional lifting up to 30lbs. Reliable transportation across San Diego County is required in order to attend meetings and events.
This is a full-time role at a $70k annual salary. The Alliance offers a full range of benefits:
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account with match
- Wellness fund
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with match
- 20 days of PTO
- Leave accommodations including sick leave, bereavement leave, and paid family leave
- Last Fridays of each month off
- Summer and winter seasonal break weeks
- Adoption reimbursement
- Adding fertility testing & treatment option to health plan in Fall 2023
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, grant writing sample, and professional references to email@example.com. In your cover letter, describe your past experiences relevant to this role, as well as your commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Applications lacking any of the aforementioned documents will not be considered. (Email subject: Digital Operations Manager)
Application Due Date: March 20, 2023
The San Diego Food System Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications will be considered regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, or gender.
For more information on San Diego Food System Alliance, visit http://www.sdfsa.org/.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org