Request for Proposals | Public Relations Specialist
Requests for Proposals will be accepted through January 30, 2023. Interviews will be
scheduled for the weeks of February 6 & 13, 2023. Submit proposals and resumes to
firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Status: Consulting; part-time, estimated 10-15 hours per week. Hybrid/Remote. Ability to reliably
commute to Solana Beach, CA 92075. Some weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required
for special experiences.
Compensation: $40.00 – 50.00 per hour
Nature Collective is an award-winning nonprofit land trust and educational organization
dedicated to the continued conservation of San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve, and lands and
waters beyond. We are based in Solana Beach, California. Founded 1987. Our team of staff,
board of directors and supporters embrace a world where everyone can connect with,
experience and protect nature.
Our vision is a world where everyone can connect with, experience, and protect nature. We
think inclusively and diversely when serving those growing up devoid of nature, those who
remember nature and want to connect back to it, and those who already have an affinity with
The public relations specialist helps communicate our messages and news to the broader public
and news editors and producers.
• Create and update marketing plan with a seasonal focus inspired by the work we do in
education, conservation, land acquisition, fundraising, promotions paid and non-paid,
and public experiences.
• Write and format monthly e-newsletters, blogs, and associated e-news for
special experiences by conducting interviews with supporters and grantors and writing
meaningful event descriptions and other stories.
• Attend weekly public relations-development meetings to fine-tune marketing planning
in monthly to yearly focus areas.
• Create annual Impact Reports and written submissions for award nominations.
• Represent Nature Collective in media relations with civic, grantor, fundraising, and
homeowners’ association’s meetings and events as needed.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, government officials,
and media representatives and use these relationships to develop new business
• Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits, and
develop and maintain company internet or intranet web pages.
• Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate
publicity information, and develop and implement a communication plan.
• Develop and maintain the company’s corporate image and identity
• Respond to requests for information about employers’ activities or status.
• Draft speeches for company executives and arrange interviews and other forms of
contact for them.
• Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations
• Work with Development Team to ensure that events gain public attention through the
media without directly advertising.
• Assist in formulating policies and procedures related to public information programs
• Develop internal communications that keep employees informed of organizational
• Produce films and other video products, regulate their distribution, and manage film
• Observe and report on social, economic, and political trends that might affect employers.
• Maintain company archives.
• Arranges for photography at press coverage/special events
• The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others understand.
• The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken
words and sentences.
• The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve
solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make
• The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions
(includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
• The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning
and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and
methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and
• Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting services.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite, DropBox, Google, and MailChimp.
• Bilingual/Fluent in Spanish, a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, or marketing or a related field required.
• Minimum five years of experience in the fields of one or more similar areas: marketing,
publications, or a related field required
• Excellence in verbal and written communication skills required.
• Experience with major press release distribution services and digital ad platforms
• Experience working with major media channels
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Nature Collective, the term diversity implies respect for all and an understanding of
individual differences, including race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, physical disability,
mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic
information and any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com