Since opening our doors in 1965, MAAC has focused on helping individuals and families create the lives they want and deserve. For more than five decades, MAAC has been a champion for underrepresented communities throughout San Diego County, providing families in need with resources to achieve self-sufficiency and improve their living conditions. While the organization first began in the southern region of San Diego, MAAC now operates 39 sites across the county, from San Ysidro to Fallbrook and Imperial County Line to the coast. With an annual operating budget of $60 million, MAAC employs nearly 600 staff who provide life-changing services to more than 75,000 individuals annually through five core pathways: Education, Economic Development, Health & Well-being, Housing, and Advocacy & Leadership Development. Through our wide array of programs, MAAC has grown to become one of the largest nonprofit social service organizations in the community. For more information, please visit: http://www.maacproject.org/
Leadership & Culture
MAAC is led by an exceptional executive team, dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity, transparency, and growth, both personally and professionally, providing substantial professional development opportunities for staff. MAAC also works hard to ensure the diversity of staff reflects the communities we serve. This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy and will join an engaged and energized team of professionals working collaboratively to raise $1.5M.
Benefits & Features
- Salary – $75,000 – $100,000
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
This is a hybrid role, offering the Manager flexibility to base themselves out of either our main office in Chula Vista, CA or our north county campus in Vista, CA.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the new Philanthropy Manager role will have significant involvement in fostering MAAC’s culture of philanthropy, enhancing its relationship with key stakeholders, and promoting the extension of its services in the community. This role will help plan, organize, and manage MAAC’s grant writing program, annual fund, and donor stewardship and gift management strategies. This is an excellent opportunity for a collaborative, creative, and innovative philanthropy professional to boost awareness of MAAC’s impact in the community and assist in developing long-term collaborations and partnerships that enrich community and client services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the program team to develop a solid understanding of program initiatives and activities to best plan for grant proposals and funder updates.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to develop a standard language for articulating the organization’s mission, vision, and programs.
- Manage MAAC’s foundation, government, and corporate grants pipeline and portfolio.
- Lead grant report research, drafting, editing, production, and timeline management, including consultation with Program Leads regarding program outcomes and financial reporting.
- Manage prospective and current funder relationships, ensuring all grant officers are informed about our work on an ongoing basis and feel connected to our organization (includes coordination of meetings, site visits, email updates, and calls beyond standard reporting).
- Assist in creating and implementing a comprehensive, multi-channel annual fund initiative.
- Direct and administer all aspects of annual fund giving including direct mail, e-philanthropy efforts, and first-time donor efforts.
- Monitor trends and innovations in the areas of email marketing, telemarketing, crowdfunding, giving day activities, digital philanthropy, and other giving strategies.
- Follow the monthly progress of annual appeal results compared to previous efforts.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team to develop promotion and recognition tools for donors (website, print pieces, email content, story/pic/video library, frames).
Stewardship & Gift Management
- Manage the receipt, processing, acknowledgment, and fulfillment of gifts, grants, and pledges.
- Maintain grant and donor files, working with our Fund Development and Finance teams to ensure consistency between the donor database and accounting system.
- Help maintain detailed records of all donor history and contact information, ensuring timely and personal appreciation and recognition.
- Perform regular database maintenance; help track and report fundraising and grant activity.
- Support fundraising events, including managing logistics, RSVPs, invitations, and pre/post-event follow-up; help implement strategies to convert event donors to organization donors.
- Assist with donor cultivation events and attend networking events, as needed.
- Prepare and review a variety of development reports and related collateral.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience, including grant writing and management, with a strong understanding of relationship development strategies and tactics.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen to, connect with, and inspire a wide range of stakeholders such as sponsors, volunteers, donors, and program partners; exercises tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and complex issues and situations.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, with exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Articulate, poised, and possesses strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
All MAAC staff and new hires are required to be fully vaccinated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org