Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego (JFS) is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. Founded in 1918, we are one of San Diego’s most impactful non-profit human services agencies. Last year, we served more than 39,500 clients, including over 17,000 asylum seekers at the JFS Migrant Family Shelter. Our broad network of staff, volunteers, supporters, and community partners are committed to the pursuit of one shared goal: helping individuals and families in San Diego move forward.
JFS welcomes people of all backgrounds, assisting them to build stable and dignified lives. Together, we can create a stronger, healthier community where everyone can thrive. Our services empower individuals and families to move toward self-sufficiency, support aging with dignity, and foster community connection and engagement throughout San Diego County, Orange County, and the Coachella Valley. Today, JFS is stronger than ever, with over 430 team members, supported by nearly 1,500 volunteers annually. This enables us to provide an incredibly comprehensive range of services, from food assistance and transportation to counseling and career coaching – nearly 30 different programs in all.
Leadership & Culture
JFS is led by an exceptional executive team, dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity, learning, and growth. Our focus is to create a highly supportive environment where team members can do their very best work. This position reports to our Senior Director of Advancement Services, Colleen McEniry. As an integral member of our dynamic Advancement Team, the Analyst will join an engaged and energized team of 36 professionals working collaboratively to raise $70M annually to provide life-changing services to community members in need. Donors and volunteers are the heart of our work. You will find them to be the kindest, most compassionate people to work with.
Benefits & Features
- Salary: $55,500 – $66,500
- Comprehensive, low-cost healthcare coverage for employees
- Generous 401(k) contributions
- Life insurance
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
- COVID-19 sick pay for employees unable to work due to quarantine or isolation
- 12 paid holidays
- 3 paid floating holidays
- 2 paid wellness days
- 4:00 pm close time every Friday
The location of this role is hybrid, with an office located at 8804 Balboa Ave., San Diego, CA 92123.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Advancement Services, the Prospect Research Analyst is a newly created role and an integral member of Jewish Family Service of San Diego’s dynamic Advancement Team. The Analyst will be pivotal in creating and implementing a comprehensive and strategic prospect research program in support of JFS’s fundraising success. The Analyst will work across the department, collaborating with Advancement leadership and gift officers on managing the identification and qualification of prospective donors. They will be responsible for compiling thorough research reports for the purpose of cultivating a moves management and stewardship program for annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, foundations, and corporate giving. It is an exciting time to join JFS as we are growing rapidly and eager to add the skills and expertise of a Prospect Research Analyst to our team. This role is an excellent opportunity for a compassionate, mission-driven individual to help define a process that will directly support our organizational growth and success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Advancement to design and implement a system for prospect research, including department processes, template creation, and tracking.
- Responsible for continuously improving and streamlining the research process, exploring and identifying tools, sources, and best practices to incorporate.
- Serve as the lead on all matters related to prospect research.
- Works independently and in collaboration with giving officers and Sr. Director of Advancement Services on the identification and qualification of fundraising prospects through our donor database and various research methods and tools.
- Conducts research and provides information and concise donor reports on prospective donors, identifying their giving capacities, philanthropic activity, and inclinations to give to JFS programs.
- Collaborate with Advancement leadership to create briefing reports and materials for meetings with top-level donors and prospects.
- Responsible for maintaining an awareness and tracking system for prospects in the various stages of cultivation and stewardship.
- Works closely with members of the Advancement Services team to maintain data integrity and donor confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, prospect management, or business development; experience with fundraising and moves management best practices.
- Experience with prospect research resources and applications such as WealthEngine, LexisNexis, Target Analytics, etc., is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of requests and projects with competing deadlines while maintaining keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, a team player.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Jewish Family Service of San Diego has a duty to provide and maintain a workplace that safeguards the health of our employees and their families, our guests, our volunteers, and the community from the COVID-19 virus. To help prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, JFS requires that all its employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We make accommodations for eligible medical and religious exemptions, which can be discussed upon hire.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Sarah Thompson, Director, Blair Search Partners
1855 First Avenue, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com