We are Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts create the world they want to live in and strive to make it better every single day. They explore their strengths, take on new challenges, and can always be themselves, regardless of background or ability.
Supported by adult volunteers and mentors right here in our community, as well as millions of alums around the globe, Girl Scouts lead the way as they discover who they are and how they can make the future a brighter place.
Girl Scouts San Diego is seeking a Director of Philanthropy who is passionate about our mission, which is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place!
Reporting to and in partnership with the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Philanthropy will play a crucial role in securing the necessary resources to support the mission of Girl Scouts San Diego and to achieve the vision set by our recent Strategic Plan. The director will be responsible for leading and implementing a comprehensive fundraising strategy, forging key partnerships and cultivating a network of supporters to drive sustainable growth and impact. This role requires a fearless strategic thinker with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, a passion for empower girls and a demonstrated track record of successful fundraising.
- Lead, coach and mentor the Philanthropy Team to successfully meet or exceed the organization’s goal of raising $1.8M in 2024.
- Lead, develop and oversee the execution of fundraising efforts including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, special events and institutional giving from corporations, foundations and government partners.
- Develop and implement a strategic philanthropy plan that outlines clear goals, objectives and key performance indicators.
- Identify, engage and cultivate relationships with potential donors including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Build a culture of philanthropy across the organization that encourages staff and volunteers to be advocates for Girl Scouts and demonstrates the impact of philanthropy.
- Develop and oversee systems to express appreciation to donors, ensuring their contributions are appropriately recognized.
- Oversee the budget for philanthropic activities, allocating resources effectively and tracking expenditures to ensure financial accountability.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of GSSD program offerings and the impact of our mission to inspire donors with clear, compelling and inspiring messages and collateral.
- Utilize data analytics to measure the impact of philanthropic initiatives and provide regular reports to stakeholders.
- Stay informed about trends in philanthropy, fundraising techniques and emerging technologies to enhance the effectiveness of the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in fund development with proven results and depth of knowledge in major gift fundraising, corporate partnerships and foundation relations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to share the impact of the Girl Scout mission in a compelling way.
- Ability to translate data to inform fundraising strategies.
- Experience with fundraising/donor databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred); proficiency with prospect research tools.
- Shows initiative and possesses personal qualities including integrity, curiosity, and the willingness to try new things.
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation. Daily and/or occasional travel may be required.
- Belief in the mission and values of Girl Scouting; be willing to subscribe to the principles expressed in the Promise and Law and Girl Scouts San Diego mission, vision and values.
Girl Scouts San Diego is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
Hiring salary range: $95,000 – $120,000/annually
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com