Website Father Joe's Villages
Preventing and ending homelessness, one life at a time.
- Reports to Director of Community Partnerships
- Hybrid work schedule (3 days in office/2 days remote)
- Salary Range $62,400 – $88,916
This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to maximize fundraising through year-round events, including the agency’s three annual signature events (Gala, Thanksgiving 5k, and the Charity Golf Classic), and donor stewardship events. Develop and execute a corporate relations strategy including event sponsorship, branded partnerships, volunteering and in-kind support.
- Plans, staffs, budgets and tracks expenses and revenue for events.
- Recruits, screens, interviews, recommends and approves non-management candidates for hire; conducts training; assigns tasks and monitors work performance; writes and delivers performance appraisals; recommends salary actions; recommends and administers disciplinary action; recommends and approves termination of employees and engages and retains a high performing, accountable workforce.
- Oversees all aspects of special events for the organization including, but not limited to, the organization’s three signature fundraising events: Children’s Charity Gala, Charity Golf Classic, and Thanksgiving Day 5k, and stewardship events for major donors.
- Oversees day-of event logistics for both in-person and virtual events, and manages multiple teams in event execution (Events Coordinator, event vendors, other internal teams, etc.)
- Meets or exceeds annual corporate fundraising goals, including, but not limited to, prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation of new corporate sponsorships, and stewardship and maintenance of current corporate sponsors for both specific events and general organizational support.
- Develops internal and external communications related to events and corporate partnerships, including web and email copy, event collateral, sponsorship and gift solicitation proposals, and participant communication.
- Oversees corporate and organizational Donation Drives in collaboration with the donation-intake warehouse.
- Supports internal Development team as needed for donor communications, campaigns and proposals, and general relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business or English or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience leading corporate and/or fundraising events.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience to include training, performance management, counseling and retaining an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Experience within and knowledge of the nonprofit space a plus
- Possesses the proven ability to communicate complex information both orally and verbally in an easily understood manner.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and possesses project management skills and an ability to manage multiple events/projects at one time.
- Intermediate user of MS Office.
- Intermediate user of donor software. Experience with Raisers Edge and Classy is a plus.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, or other graphic design software is a plus
- Be at least 21 years of age with a minimum of 3 years of driving experience; possesses valid California driver’s license; and has no Class 1 or more than two Class 2 violations within the past 36 months.
- Participate in an annual Tuberculosis screening and/or other screenings when necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be granted where appropriate.
- Must be available for some evening and weekend events, including, but not limited to, Thanksgiving Day.
About Father Joe’s Villages
Do you want to work for a company where your work has meaning? At Father Joe’s Villages, we’re looking for compassionate, mission-driven individuals to join our team and help us end homelessness one life at a time. Our work is driven by our C.R.E.E.D which is the foundation for our interactions with clients, volunteers, other staff members and the community at large.
- Compassion-Concern for others and the desire to assist.
- Respect-An act of giving particular or special regard.
- Empathy- Understanding and being aware of and sensitive to the feelings, thoughts, and the experience of others without judgment.
- Empowerment- Helping others to help themselves.
- Dignity-All people are considered worthy of our esteem.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com