Website ElderHelp of San Diego
ElderHelp provides services and information to support seniors.
ElderHelp’s Director of Philanthropy (DOP) is an effective leader with excellent written and verbal
communication skills. The DOP is detail oriented, conscientious, and creative and utilizes the agency’s
resources efficiently. The DOP must be flexible and an independent self-starter with the ability to work
effectively with a diverse group of individuals which includes motivating and facilitating collaboration
among staff, volunteers, and the Board of Directors.
The Director of Philanthropy is accountable for implementing and overseeing all fundraising and
communications and PR functions for the organization, in collaboration with the CEO/Executive Director.
Main areas of focus include fundraising training and coordination of the EH Board of Directors and
management of all Annual Fund activities that include events, individual giving, corporate support, grants,
and client contributions. Agency marketing oversight will include newsletter production, website, social
media, electronic communication, annual report production and staffing development committees.
Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director
• Hires, evaluates, supervises, and manages all Development staff.
• Develops fundraising and event budgets; monitors expenses and income within budget guidelines.
• Strategically crafts and administers annual development plan; evaluates campaigns including but
not limited to Crowdfunding, Lapsed Donor, Holiday Angels, Year End, Special Events, and Fiscal
• Oversees all donor activities and interactions through DonorPerfect.
• Works closely and effectively with ElderHelp Board members to expand and leverage their
fundraising abilities, particularly by training and working with them to identify and cultivate new
and continuing funding relationships.
• Assists in the development of branding, communications tools, and external relations strategies.
• Oversees the coordination of timely gift acknowledgement; establishes and manages procedures to
ensure efficient and accurate input of data into the donor database (Donor Perfect) and retrieval of
relevant data for analysis as requested.
• Proactively and systematically identifies, engages, and cultivates relationships with potential
funders, including corporations, governments, foundations, individuals, and institutions.
• Crafts and articulates compelling, fact-based narratives and statements of need to support funding
• Works independently to identify, engage and cultivate relationships with philanthropic donors and
socially motivated finance partners.
• Manages and continuously enhances relationships with current and past funders.
• Increases agency acquisition base through events, fundraising activities, and direct mail.
• Represents ElderHelp at industry events and makes agency presentations as needed.
• Designs, plans, implements all agency fundraising special events and oversees all logistics and
• Recruits, coordinates, and participates in volunteer committees needed to work on events and
• Secures and manages venues, vendors, rentals, etc. for all events.
• Auction/raffle item solicitation, acquisition, tracking, gift acknowledgement, etc.
• Event planning, management, and preparation (pre-event, day of and post-event).
• Plans and coordinates all event marketing efforts including committee communication.
• Monitors event metrics and prepares reports as required for the Board.
• Along with CEO/Executive Director, solicits sponsorships and/or underwriters for events and
• Procures in-kind donations, prizes, awards, and printing for the purpose of lowering fundraising
• Works with program staff and volunteers to ensure that every event contains program content to
enhance the knowledge of participants regarding ElderHelp.
• Manages media/marketing contacts list.
• Updates EH Descriptions and Financials on Donor/Industry websites.
• Maintains and tracks collateral pieces and assists in collateral development.
• Oversees and manages website content, maintenance, and user management.
• Oversees, manages, and markets the vehicle donation program.
• Oversees creation, production, editing, and dissemination of Annual Report.
• Manages and guides professional services contractors, such as marketing and web-service
consultants, to ensure the organization is receiving excellent work product and value.
• Develops collateral materials which include newsletters, press releases, fact sheets, media kits,
brochures, fliers, and other materials needed for effective communication and marketing of
ElderHelp programs and services.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidates for the position must have excellent written and oral
communication skills and a minimum of four years proven fundraising experience. Candidates must have
excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and donor management platforms. DonorPerfect,
Constant Contact, Canva, and WordPress experience preferred. Candidates must be self-motivated, have
good time management, and be accurate in documentation and reporting.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a fulltime, salaried position that pays $70,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience, plus
benefits. ElderHelp offers a generous benefits program:
• 100% employer paid Gold-level medical and dental plans
• No waiting period for benefits enrollment
• 100% employer-sponsored telemedicine solution
• Flexible and hybrid work schedule
• 401(k) plans and employer matching
• 10 paid holidays
• Employees are provided an additional one-week paid time off in addition to vacation and sick
• Professional development
• Team bonding days
WHO WE ARE
ElderHelp has a culture of teamwork and inclusion where we believe we are better together. We value the
differences in our community and believe those differences are what makes us a stronger organization. We
offer opportunities for staff to participate in DEI trainings and create safe spaces to learn and share about
this important work. Our Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers come together with a shared passion for
our mission supporting each other to meet the needs of the community we serve.
Send cover letter and resume to Anya Delacruz at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 5,
2023. Please refer to our website for more information on services and programs. Please no phone
inquiries, fax transmittals, or walk-ins.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com