Website Canine Companions for Independence
Development Associate (Grant Writer) – Oceanside, CA
To apply: https://canine.org/about/careers/ Why Join our Team?
As a Canine Companions employee, you’ll enjoy knowing that every day you make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. You’ll give independence and give a dog a job!
Canine Companions’ dedication to our mission is only equaled to our dedication to our employees.
§ Comprehensive benefit program including employer-paid medical, dental and vision for staff
§ 13 paid holidays, including an Inclusion Holiday
§ 18 paid days off (Paid time off, PTO), including hours to serve your community
§ Employer matched 403(b) retirement plan
§ Employee Assistance Program
“At Canine Companions, not only do you know you’re helping people live more independent lives, but you get to meet our clients and hear about the ways their dogs have enhanced their lives – it’s truly an amazing place to work.” – PR and Marketing Coordinator
As a Development Associate, you will be an integral member of our team as you help to identify, solicit, and develop regional fundraising sources. Our Development Associates manage a regional portfolio of grant opportunities and maintain the donor stewardship plan.
A typical day as a Development Associate may include:
· Managing the grant writing process, including:
· Researching, identifying, qualifying local and regional grant resources.
· Creating and submitting grants to coincide with funding source guidelines.
· Preparing and submitting any follow up documentation and grant reports.
· Managing a grant calendar
· Working with the development staff to identify and develop strategies around foundation funding for special projects or capital needs.
· Building relationships with foundations to better understand how we can partner for additional funding.
· Collaborating in the development and maintenance of an annual master calendar.
· Assisting in prospecting and researching new donors, and the preparation of donor profiles when needed.
· Maintaining and creating development reports and analysis.
· Working with appropriate staff on development fundraising events and campaigns and helping ensure fluidity in campaign messaging.
· Creating and running reports from the donor database.
· Maintaining donor database to ensure donor information accuracy for reports, acknowledgement and mailings. Provide database troubleshooting and training to other development staff as needed.
· Preparing and coordinating donor acknowledgement correspondence.
· Presenting our mission and needs to community, foundations and organizations; helping provide broader team and volunteers with resources and materials to also present when needed
· Assisting with tracking development related expenses for the purposes of annual budgeting and periodic financial reports.
· Tracking funding from donors through company data base.
To be successful in this position:
· Must Haves:
o Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
o Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive grant proposals. Strong editing skills.
o Experience with proposal/grant writing and institutional donors in a non-profit setting.
· Nice to Haves:
o Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
o Prior development experience that includes knowledge of basic fundraising and research techniques, fundraising strategies and informational sources and prospect research preferred.
SCHEDULE: Full time PAY: $29.00-$31.00/hour
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org