The Boys & Girls Club of Vista (BGCV) is hiring a Vice President of Operations to enhance program capacity and expertise in creating a sustainable and innovative program plan to support the strategic growth of the organization. The position is responsible for overseeing all Club programs and services at multiple sites in Vista and Oceanside and building capacity to serve more youth while increasing impact.
In addition to planning and executing impactful programs, the Vice President will also take a lead role in shaping community engagement activities in support of the organization’s strategic vision and goals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in managing youth development programs and a proven track record designing academic curriculum, some familiarity with facility planning and direct experience measuring outcomes. We are looking for a leader with the emotional intelligence to connect internally with both staff and Club youth and externally with families and community leaders. This position believes in a culture of philanthropy and giving back to the community by investing in its staff, volunteers and Club families.
Oversee Club operations, programs, safety, and property for all Boys & Girls Club sites and vendor program with Vista Unified School District. Leads operations and program staff initiatives and development. Works as a part of the organization’s leadership team to help strategically plan for growth, and develop policies and procedures to increase the optimal Club experience for our members.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Oversee the implementation and delivery of operations, programs, services, and activities that facilitate achievement of youth development outcomes.
Ensure the 5 key elements for positive youth development are ingrained in each Club.
Ensures grant requirements are met and related evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
Oversee program evaluation systems that showcase program impact.
Ensure programs are developmentally safe and culturally inclusive for all Club members.
Ensure efficient membership registration procedures and accurate program attendance tracking throughout all sites.
Develop and maintain a program dashboard of high-impact programs that meet priority outcomes for all age groups.
Maintain supervision and safety standards in alignment with Boys & Girls Club and CDC standards.
Design relevant and exciting Club programs at all sites in accordance with Club’s strategic plan as established by the CEO and Board of Directors
Oversee property management including but not limited to maintenance, Club safety, and risk management.
Conduct walk-throughs at Clubs to audit potential safety or maintenance concerns.
Assist in the planning of fixed assets and replacement schedule.
Oversee Program Director, Site Supervisors, School Site Program Specialists, Transportation Coordinator, Athletic Director, Volunteer Coordinator by providing adequate support, coaching, feedback, supervision, and guidance.
Ensure all staff, volunteers, and other individuals follow Club protocol and procedures.
Oversee and director volunteer program.
Ensure all program staff receive needed training and coaching.
Assist in creation and maintenance of job descriptions, reviews, and personnel documents.
Create customized staff development opportunities based on program needs
Oversee the hiring, training, development and evaluation of program staff
Oversee the identification and evaluation of opportunities to improve program effectiveness and impact.
Help to open or partner with other organizations to expand services.
Assist in agency budget development; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
Assist as needed with organizational resource development projects, events, grants, donor cultivation.
Assist with the prioritization and development of program budgets by site and annual creation of operating plans
Support development and donor relation efforts and planning in partnership with the CEO, Vice President of Development and Development Committee
Develop authentic relationships with external stakeholders including government, school district, community leaders, donors, families, volunteers and other key stakeholders
Represent BGCV at various community events such as the Vista Chamber of Commerce, Vista Unified School District, San Diego Workforce Partnerships and local universities.
Other duties as requested by CEO
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; Master’s preferred
· A minimum of five years proven supervisory program experience in youth development
· Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs
· Bilingual capabilities in Spanish/English strongly preferred.
· Demonstrate ability to organize, direct, and coordinate operations; facilities management; and budget management
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated leadership towards helping staff accomplishing program goals by providing objective feedback and counseling as needed
· Ability to innovate and increase efficiency with programs
· Ability to recognize problems, resolve conflicts, research options, present alternatives, implement solutions, and follow through to ensure goals are met.
· Solid written and oral communication including excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience scheduling/maintaining multiple calendars in Microsoft Outlook and Google Drive
· Strong administrative/clerical skills and ability to manage files and records
· Demonstrated presentation skills and experience conducting trainings, workshops and seminars for various audiences.
· Knowledge of coaching strategies and program evaluation techniques
Special Conditions of Employment:
Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screening
Valid Driver’s license and verification of insurance
Physical requirements include ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and ability to react quickly to physical safety issues as they arise
BENEFITS WE OFFER
Competitive medical, dental, vision, vacation, and sick leave
401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
The Boys & Girls Club of Vista (BGCV) prohibits discrimination against current staff or applicants on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. BGCV is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com