Building Budgets for Funders
May 20 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$18
This “math-free” workshop will help your organization plan and create operating and program budgets, with a focus on the role of budgets in funding proposals and applications. Participants will learn:
- Budget elements that accurately portray an organization and its programs.
- Methods of sharing costs among programs
- Approaches for prorating expenses between administration and program costs
- To determine the fair value of in-kind contributions and services
- “Cost per outcome” scenarios to generate requests for funding
- Tips for formatting and presenting budgets in proposals and applications for funding
Participants receive templates in Microsoft Word and Excel formats to help them develop budgets.